STUPID BIRDS

Ok so birds have to be the stupidest (most stupid??) creatures on earth. All morning long a robin has been flying at full speed into my window....over and over and over. He sits on the tree outside my window and then suddenly and without any provocation attacks my window, banging his head, and then kind of gimply flies onto the nearest branch. This same sequence then repeats 5 minutes later. I'm thinking that since my windows are tinted the bird is seeing a reflection of himself and thinks he's attacking a potential enemy...that or he's so narcissistic that he has literally fallen in love with himself and in an effort to woo himself flies over to the window in the hopes of relieving his most affectionate come-on line only to be thwarted with a loud WHACK and an injured right leg. And maybe his mission president told him he should be persistent in his wooing (an excuse I've heard many times when young fellows aren't getting the hint and have resorted to stalking) so he keeps continuing the harrowing process of courting. Who knows?

And while I'm ranting about stupid birds....lets discuss Seagulls. They might be the dumbest of this dumb species. (Ever seen Finding Nemo...point proven) I remember once I was walking to BYU from my Grandparent's home one brisk morning (permit me now to digress about the weather in Utah...because I remember on this particular morning I woke up... got all ready, put my sandals on and was running out the door...because I was so LATE...when I got about 3 steps out of the door and realized that there was FROST on the ground....it had been like 80 degrees just the day before and now there was FROST....that's just disappointing, not to mention toe numbing...but I was late and a sandal switch could not be afforded.) so I'm crossing the mission field (the field in front of the MTC-Missionary Training Center- that only the missionaries can play on....every member a missionary was my answer to that veiled threat) and I see this flock of Seagulls...seriously there were about 50 of them just prancing about. Well I was not about to be detoured from my path across and just began walking right through them. I knew this would probably cause them to fly away and I was fine with that. However I did not expect what really happened. So I'm walking through the midst of the flock when they ALL take off. I figure they're goin to go land closer to the temple or at least 100 yards away...NOT 2 feet away directly in front of me. So basically by the time they're about to land I'm now walking in "their NEW space." So they take off again and ONCE AGAIN land two feet in front of me and take off again. This happened THE ENTIRE TIME I was crossing the mission field. I don't know....maybe they were attack seagulls hired by the church to ambush non-missionaries. But my point is still the fact that BIRDS ARE STUPID CREATURES!


No comments: