It's Christmas Time in the City

With Christmas fast approaching, we decided it was time to get a tree and start the decorating. Avery was pretty excited about it. We put on the lights and then handed her a couple of candy canes to put on the tree. She thought we were a little batty putting candy on a tree but she did it anyway.



After breaking a couple of the candy canes she was promoted to putting the plastic (read: unbreakable) ornaments on the tree.

With the tree all decorated we got dressed and, with Grandma Hawes, Aunt Nicki, and cousins Lincoln and Tyson, headed to Winter Fest. Avery got to go on a hayride pulled by REAL horses, a fact which she constantly pointed out during the brisk ride.


Then it was off to the petting zoo. This was her second favorite activity. She got up close and personal with a calf, a bunch of rabbits, a miniature pony, and a whole flock of assorted ducks and chickens. We also saw a dog which I thought was another miniature pony at first...it was HUGE! Avery didn't believe me when I said it was a dog, she insisted on calling it "horse." I didn't correct her.




Then we headed inside to warm up. Avery met Mr. Penguin, whom she excitedly called, "Duck!"


Then it was time to visit Santa. Avery was pretty happy about it while she stood in line, but as she got closer her excitement waned. Then she let us know how she felt about the strange guy with the big beard.


After getting over her stranger danger moment, we headed out for another hayride (we figured we should end the day on a happier note).


She perked up as soon as she saw the "HORSES!"

2 comments:

Joseph said...

I'm with Avery.... That's a horse. She's not fooled.

old said...

Haha, when I think of Avery breaking ornaments I still think of her squishing the watermelon. It makes me laugh so hard when I think about it...oh, so funny...also, I want a picture of your whole tree!